Why my cat will not drink or eat and is very weak?

by Anthony Fehr
(Parksville, BC, Canada)

Three days ago I started her on a different cat food, she ate it no problem. Two days ago I found her eating thread from a spool. I pulled a long piece out of her easily and slowly. The next day she vomited repeatedly, today she is very weak, no energy to hardly move and will not drink or eat.

Comments for Why my cat will not drink or eat and is very weak?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

May 28, 2010
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Call your veterinarian immediately
by: Kurt (Admin)

Anthony,

A cat that won't eat or drink and is not moving much needs medical attention. Based on your information, it's possible she ingested thread that you did not see, and it may need to be surgically removed so that it does not tangle the intestines. Cats have died from ingesting string and other items. She may have also gotten into some chemicals in the house, or has been poisoned some other way. If it were my cat, I would take her to the vet to be examined as an emergency, day or night.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Answers to Your Cat Health Questions.

Want More Kitties in Your Inbox?

I guarantee 100% privacy.